Saturday, June 2, 2007

The Solo Ride

I love the solo ride. Last night I went up to Bozeman Creek or Sourdough, or Mystic Lake trail, whatever you call it. I went at 8 pm. The sun was heading down, and the light was really great, soft and orange on the hillsides. This was in place of heading to the local tavern, which I am trying to cut down on....I had a great ride. The trail is a 9 mile dirt road leading back into the hills to Mystic Lake, in the Gallatin Range. I rode to the high point at 8 miles, and I was surprised to find no snow on the road. Totally melted out! I turned around, but you can continue around to the lake, and then onto a sweet singletrack that goes downhill and spits you out at mile 5 on the road up. I think it may be really muddy in there in spots so I will wait until next week to do that part. I turned around and hammered down the road for 8 miles, probably averaging about 20 miles per hour. It was pretty fun to just rail it on the way down. Got done, went home, ate dinner, went to bed.
Today Ciaran and I are doing Bangtail Divide. It should be really good.

No comments: