Monday, February 25, 2008

Snow Ride

Yesterday it was cold out, 36 on my thermometer (wireless digital of course). I was inside on the couch watching the Tour of California, and wishing I was out riding my bike. After a while, I thought "It's not much colder than 40, which has been my cutoff. I bet if I dressed a little warmer I would be fine." So I suited up with 2 long sleeve polypro shirts, my windbreaker, tights, hat, snowboarding gloves, and neoprene booties. I plugged in my ipod and selected my Songs Of Freedom playlist which includes the whole Bob Marley box set, and a random sampling of other reggae and dub. Pumped up the tires and off I went. Oh yeah, the forecast was 70% chance of snow. I cruised out Gooch Hill Road which is one of my favorites in Bozeman. It rolls through some wheat fields and you get a nice view of the valley. After about an hour, it of course starts to snow. I was a bit more than halfway in distance and had a mostly gently downhill ride back to the house. Having a hard time with snow hitting me in the eyes because I was wearing my normal glasses, I squinted and pedaled as best I could for another 20 minutes, hoping the snow wasn't going to get heavy and start sticking to me. I made it back, a bit chilly but very pleased that I got a good little ride in. 20 miles or so. It was a good way to end my Sunday.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like the fact that you helped yourself to get out and ride. Just reading this entry has made me commit to going outside today and doing something active in the big outdoors. Thanks, L-train!
Pops