Sunday, May 10, 2009

Quick Saturday Recon Ride


I decided to head out at about 430pm on Saturday to check the status of some good dirt routes in the area. It was nice and sunny and about 58 degrees. Very nice riding weather!
Aha, good dirt! I thought this would all be muddy and unrideable but I underestimated the power of low humidity and high altitude sun! This is about 20 miles out from my house.





These backroads are great when they are rutted up from the spring, have to stand up, and cruise at 35-40, and it's pretty fun.







Look out for 2 ft deep ruts that will eat you for breakfast....



View towards Tobacco Root Mtns....and a bunch of isolated rain showers cruising the valley...all of which I avoided.



Gallatin River, world class fly fishing for trout.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Serious ruts out there. Gott laove the views.