Sunday, January 10, 2010

First Post 2010

Two weeks ago it was a warm 40 degrees out and rolled my XR600 out of the garage into the sun, just to look at it. It was a nice feeling and I thought "Hey! That's my DIRTBIKE! Sweet!"

Just the other day I remembered finally to get some Sta-bil to put in my bikes which is only about three months late! I never seem to be able to do it before New Years anyway, perhaps because I always believe there will be some warm day which I will be able to ride before the winter "really sets in."

On the television last night after a dinner of homemade pizza I found the season opener of the AMA Supercross series. It made me start thinking about motorcycles again after the last few months which I haven't thought about them much at all. I started having visions of last spring, before the snow had melted, trolling ADVrider incessantly for any and all items of interest, unable to think of much else besides how soon the mud on the dirt roads around here would be dry enough to ride on after the spring rains.

We do have a few more months before that can happen, and hopefully we will get some more frequent snow for the balance of the winter so I can put my Bridger Bowl season pass to more use.

No comments: