Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Bangtail Trail Ride

Last night Alex and I did the Bangtail Divide ATV trail....sweet trail....until the hill climb...
I was riding my XR600R and Alex on my KLR650.
I saw a hillclimb off to the side of the main trail...and jammed up it on the XR600. It was something I never would have attempted on the KLR, having learned the hard way. The XR charged right up the hill, no problem. As I was coming down, I was greeted with the spectacle of Alex rallying my KLR UP THE HILLCLIMB!!!! Needless to say, the KLR did not make it all the way up ...and did come to rest upside down on the slope. DOH!
We had to muscle the KLR back down the hill, and then my XR wouldn't start for a while, despite many kicks. I got pretty sweated up for a bit there.
I told Alex afterward that I hadn't even considered that he might try it on the KLR....but realized he hasn't ever ridden one much before and was therefor unaware of the limitations of said machine. Now he is fully aware of said limitations!
Luckily no injuries to man or bike resulted.
It was a great ride!
Forgot my camera though so no pics of the carnage.

No comments: