Monday, June 22, 2009

Trail riding the XR600R at Pipestone

So I went and rode the XR at Pipestone yesterday....SO FUN! I am figuring out how to ride that thing a lot better already, like leaning way back when hitting whoops or big bumps so the back end doesn't kick way up....

Once it gets moving the bike just eats trail for breakfast....like an all terrain freight train!!! Obviously it is much better in the more open trails, above 25 mph or so. I rode a little singletrack on it, but it isn't the best there. The wider two track and roads out at Pipestone are a total blast though!

Tuesday night I plan on going out and doing Bangtail Divide. And linking it to Flathead pass....Any takers? I have done it on the KLR. Not sure about bikes bigger than that though....Tuesday is supposed to be sunny all day, and it will dry the mud out.

Alex, the KLR is yours if you want to ride it some more....we just gotta fix all the stuff that broke on Fridays Baja Training Run!!

BTW, on our Friday ride Alex rode my KLR through some gnarly shit faster than anyone I have ever seen .....with only minor consequences....broken shift lever, and blown head and taillights...

I did a major repair/reinforcement job on the shift lever, and you should be able to stand on the thing now.....

No comments: