Monday, March 3, 2008

In the Dark

Sunset ride tonight out Gooch Hill and back. I didn't get on the road until 5:45 so I put my blinky light on my camelback so I wouldn't get run over when it got dark. I am trying to ride really slow and aerobically the whole time which I gather is known as Base Miles in the proper roadie lingo. Riding road is so different from mountain biking! All I think about the whole time is my pedaling and how it sucks and I want it to be smoother and more even around the stroke.
I have noticed improvement even in the ten hours I have been out this past month. (Lifetime road bike total: 20 hours) I think I had my seat too high as well until yesterday when I lowered it about a half-inch. I was starting to bounce a bit when my cadence got up. It is better after changing the seat height. Now I think I need to either shift the saddle forward more, or tilt it up in the front because I am sliding forward too much and having to really push with my arms to get my butt to the right spot. I will adjust before the next ride.
Looks like big snow on the docket for tomorrow with a winter storm warning for the area. 6-12 inches in the mountains though so I may get to skip work on Wednesday and go ride Bridger and hike the ridge a few times. I would like a few good days on the board yet this winter.

No comments: